Start the clock. This was a personal pizza making test. How long would it take to turn flour, salt, water and yeast into pizza dough? The mixing part is easy give or take a few minutes, but the dough needs to proof or rise in volume. Typically we do this over night, but if we add a bit more yeast and warmer water we can double the dough size in a couple of hours. Interesting right?
Another step we can bypass is making dough balls. Instead we will remove dough from bowl and immediately stretch or roll it out into a pizza. Watch the video and see for yourself.
Same Day Pizza Dough Recipe
300 grams organic bread flour
200 grams water (100 F) Microwave water for 45 seconds
10 grams sea salt
5 grams active dry yeast
1. Whisk sea salt into flour. Next whisk in the active dry yeast.
2.Slowly pour in warm water and mix. Initially keeping it inside of bowl. Remove from bowl and lightly knead for 2-3 minutes.
3. Place dough back in bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place bowl inside oven and turn on light. We are trying to create a warm environment, about 80 F... Dough will double in size in approximately 2-3 hours.
4. Fire up your oven with the Baking Steel on the top rack at 500 F for at least one hour...
5. Remove dough from bowl and gently divide in half.
6. Stretch out dough with hands and or rolling pin. It will be difficult to stretch so a rolling pin may come in handy. Be careful as the is young and will tear easily..
7. Top your dough with sauce and cheese and bake it for 5-7 minutes on your Baking Steel or pizza stone.