It’s one of those dishes that can come together in a matter of minutes and still have tons of flavor. The random half onion, half open thing of mushrooms and maybe a chunk of parsley that typically ends up in the compost. Bring those together with some fluffy eggs and perhaps a nice amount of cheese and you’ll have yourself a delicious breakfast.
My routine is come downstairs in the morning, fire up the oven around 350/375 with my Baking Steel in there and then make some coffee. While the water is heating up, I’m looking for what can go into our frittata for the morning. Maybe even a side salad if we are lucky.
1/2 cup cream or milk
1/2 cup scallions
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- Preheat oven at 350 for 15/20 minutes with Baking Steel inside.
- Beat eggs and milk until fluffy in mixing bowl.
- Preheat Baking Steel no10 pan on medium and melt butter and add oil.
- Sweat peas and onions for about 30-45 seconds.
- Add in eggs and stir rapidly for 10/15 seconds. Fold in herbs and grated cheese.
- Place hot pan in oven on Baking Steel and bake for 6-8 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove and serve with side salad or toast or even a mimosa… you deserve it.