I always drink coffee with my cinnamon bun when I take a trip to IKEA. They do make the world’s greatest Cinnamon buns, right? Until this week, we thought so too.
To give our cinnamon buns an extra kick, we decided to use our coffee pizza dough recipe as the base. We wanted the taste to rival that of IKEA. I think we nailed it and made the best cinnamon buns ever.
We placed our glass pyrex pie plate directly on our scorching hot Baking Steel Original. Those pie plates are made to withstand super high temperatures. So no reason to be nervous.
ProTip: Placing all the buns together in the pan helps create a steam like atmosphere, creating soft pillow like buns.
Click here to view all the products available at Baking Steel!
Coffee Dough Cinnamon Buns
(makes 9-10 Medium Sized buns)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with Baking Steel on middle/upper rack.
- Flour work surface and roll out large blob of coffee dough. Take 1 stick of butter and smear it across the entire surface. Sprinkle entire surface with sugar and cinnamon.
- Working away from yourself, roll the dough from the long side up and away from you.
- Slice the dough with a straight sided knife into 9-10 rounds.
- Using 1/2 a stick of butter, wipe the sides and bottom of your 9”x9” pan or baking dish similar in size.
- Place rolls in the dish, cut side up. Bake on Baking Steel for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the sugar, extract and butter. Once at the crumble stage, whisk in water until your liking of consistency.
- Once the buns are somewhat cool, top with glaze.