Sear your chickpeas, gently by rotating them on the Baking Steel Griddle to crisp them up on all sides. The sear from the hot Griddle will give the chickpeas a nice crisp and color for the ultimate salad.
Grilled vegetable and chickpea Salad
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 capsicum, mixed colors
- 1 red onion
- 1 eggplant
- 2 handfuls arugula
- ½ cup toasted mixed seeds/ nuts - e.g. Pepitas, sunflower seeds, almonds, walnuts
- 2/3 cup sunbutter
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 2/3 cup water (add more if you would like a thinner consistency)
Heat your Baking Steel Griddle over a fire or your grill.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and spread over paper towel to dry as much as possible.
- Toss them in a bowl with all the spices and 1 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Chop the vegetables into 1-inch cubes and toss in another bowl with the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients, adding the water last until you get your desired consistency.
Sear your vegetables in batches on the Baking Steel Griddle until they begin to blister and color.
- Next sear your chickpeas, gently rotating them on the griddle to crisp them up on all sides, around ten minutes. Once they are nicely colored add them to your vegetables. Top with handfuls of arugula, mixed seeds, and drizzle with sunbutter dressing.