This may go down as one of my favorite spring/summer pizzas of all time. Just enough heat from the jalapeños paired with the soft and creamy mozzarella cheese. And if you have any of these kicking around (peppadew), it will make this homemade pizza even better. It's always a good idea to fire up your oven with your Baking Steel inside. Snag some corn and peppadews and make this one over the weekend and be sure to report back.
We would love to see and share you pics on our instagram...
Charred Corn and Jalapeno Pizza
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 1 oz. shredded fontina
- 5-6 slices of jalapeno
- 1 ear of corn charred, corn removed from cob
- 5-7 peppadews
- crushed peppercons
- drizzle of olive oil
1. Preheat your oven at 500 F with your Baking Steel on the top rack. If you have convection, use it.
- 2. Stretch out your pizza dough into a 12 inch round, place on a pizza peel lightly dusted with semolina flour and flour. Think of the flour and semolina as ball bearings. Place your dough on top and give it a quick “shake”. Make sure your ball bearings are working properly.
- 3. Start with the cheese and distribute throughout the top. Next add the jalapeños, peppadew and lastly the corn. Give it one last shake on the peel. Launch onto your Baking Steel.
- 4. Cook for 3-4 minutes, open oven and give it the first turn. Bake for 2 more minutes or until desired colors achieved. Remove.
- 5. Garnish with cracked black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Slice and serve.